Roku is the flag bearer of the streaming players, as it features an intuitive interface, dozens of useful features and of course, hundreds of channels, which further consist of thousands of hours of content. Roku has got it all that binge-watchers would probably wish for. Roku has a large repertoire of channels, 1800 to be precise, and the number grows with every passing day. All these channels comprise of thousands of hours of entertaining content spreading across different niches. After doing Roku installation with your TV, you won’t ask for anything more.
To access a gigantic library of content that Roku has in the offing, you need to ensure that the device is properly set up. Without proper Roku setup, you won’t be able to watch anything on your TV streamed through Roku. The working of Roku is premised upon an internet connection, which you have the option of either connecting Roku wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
An Ethernet port is provided on Roku where you can connect one end of the Ethernet cable with its other end going into the Ethernet port of the router. When it comes to faster internet speeds, a wired internet connection, but if the speed is OK already, then a wireless connection is way more convenient.
Current Roku Models We Support:
Roku Express – Basic version of Roku, which comes with an HDMI cable. Works on with 1080p televisions and can only be connected via HDMI.
Roku Express+ – It has got the same features as that of Roku Express except for one difference, i.e., it can be connected to older TVs, as it comes with an option of connecting via a composite cable.
Roku Premiere – This model resembles Roku Express, but supports 4K and HDR. However, 4K functionality is very basic. The model also features standard Roku remote.
Roku Premiere+ – An upgraded version of Roku Premiere, which comes with advanced Roku remote with the voice search feature.
Roku Streaming Stick – If you don’t have a space for a streaming box, then the Roku streaming stick is ideal for you, as it connects directly into the HDMI port on the TV. This model supports 1080p video resolution.
Roku Streaming Stick+ – An upgraded version of Roku Streaming Stick, which comes with 4K and HDR support. An external wireless extender is also provided in the package for extending the range of Roku if your TV is away from the router.
How To Setup Roku?
Setting up a Roku player is a streamlined process, so make sure that you follow the below-mentioned steps in the order in which they are given.
- Connect Roku to TV – Roku can be connected to any TV that supports HDMI connectivity. However, it is recommended to use a high-speed HDMI cable when connecting Roku to TV for better video quality. For older TVs or the ones that come with standard composite video connection, Roku has got a solution, which allows older TVs to display Roku content.
- Setup your Roku player – Begin with connecting your Roku to the TV using a high-speed HDMI cable or composite cables (if using an old TV). You can connect to the internet via an Ethernet cable or wirelessly. Then, turn on your Roku device by connecting the power adapter to the wall outlet.
Note: Select Roku players can be turned on by connecting them to the USB port on the TV, but USB ports won’t charge them.
- Insert batteries in your Roku remote by removing its cover. Then, select the right TV input on the TV and you will see the Roku logo on the screen. Roku remote will be used to make changes to the settings of the device. If your Roku remote not working after inserting the batteries, then try a different set of batteries. If batteries are fine, then your remote is faulty, so consider taking help to fix the problem befalling Roku remote.
- Select the language of your choice because that is what you will be prompted to do on the first screen of the Roku setup process.
- Once you have selected your preferred language, connect Roku to the internet. You will see a list of networks from which, you need to select the network that you want Roku to connect with. Enter the password to the network and select ‘Connect’.
- As Roku connects to the internet, it downloads the latest software. So, wait until that happens. Your Roku player will restart upon the installation of the latest software.
- Select the display type in case the Roku player isn’t able to determine the best display resolution automatically.
Once you are done with the initial setup, then it’s time to move onto other processes, such as the Roku account setup and Roku activation.
How To Login Roku Account?
Roku streaming player is a smart device, which manages things on its own, but there are certain things that you need to manage such as channels, settings, payment options, and personal preferences.
Steps to register an account on Roku are as follows:
- Go to url https www Roku com link on your computer or smartphone.
- As the webpage opens, click sign up followed by entering certain details like your name, email, password.
- Check the box given next to ‘I am 18 years or older’ and ‘I agree to the terms and conditions’.
- Then, check the box corresponding to ‘I am not a robot’ option.
- Click ‘Continue’ and then, you will see a new screen being opened up where you will be generating a PIN to authorize purchases on the Roku store.
- Enter billing information now, which could be credit card, PayPal, AmEx, and so on.
- Once your account has been created, go to www Roku com link sign in and enter your Roku account credentials.
How To Activate Your Roku Account or www.Roku.Com/Link Enter Code Activation?
Roku player is only going to display your favorite content if it has been properly activated. Here is the process of activating the Roku account.
- As you connect your Roku device to the internet, it downloads and installs the latest software.
- Then, Roku restarts itself after which, it prompts you to activate the device, which basically means, letting the company know that you own their device and using it legally.
- Note down this activation code because you will be entering it on the Roku’s official website, i.e., Roku com link activate.
- As the Roku activation link opens, enter the activation code and then, click ‘Submit.
Note: Complete all the steps on Roku code link before going back to the device or else, Roku won’t be activated.
- Follow the instructions provided on the website to create a Roku account or log into your Roku account.
- If creating a new Roku account, enter a payment method, which will be used for buying subscriptions to channels that you wish to access the content of. You won’t be charged anything right after entering a payment method, but only when you subscribe to any channel. All major credit cards are accepted along with PayPal. To prevent any unauthorized purchase, then make sure to generate a PIN for your Roku account.
- After entering the Roku enter link code and linking your Roku player to the Roku account, the process is complete and you shall now watch your favorite content.
Roku Streaming Stick + Setup
Roku Streaming Stick + is a completely different device compared to Roku Ultra. Roku Streaming Stick +, Roku Premiere and Roku Premiere + are all the same type of devices, but their features vary along with the pricing. Setting up of Roku Streaming Stick + involves no wire or cable connection. Roku Streaming Stick+ comes will directly be plugged into the HDMI port on the TV. Once connected, follow the below-mentioned steps to setup Roku Streaming Stick+.
- Choose your preferred language because the first screen will be about choosing a language.
- Once chosen, you will be prompted to connect your Roku Streaming Stick+ to the internet. So, go through the list of available networks and select yours. Enter the password of your internet network and select ‘Connect’.
- As soon as you connect to the internet, Roku will begin downloading and installing the latest version of Roku OS. Wait until that happens and then, your Roku Stick will restart.
- As it restarts, Roku Streaming Stick will detect the best display resolution so that you don’t have to do the same manually. If you don’t want to change the display type, then skip the step. You can do it later by going to ‘Settings’ and then, ‘Display Type’.
- It’s time to create a Roku account, which will be used to activate your Roku streaming stick+.
- You will see an activation code on the screen, which you need to note down, as you will be entering it a few moments later.
- Then, go to the Roku com link activation page, sign in to your Roku account and then, enter the Roku com link enter code.
- Your Roku Streaming Stick+ has been set up now, and you can watch your favorite content. You can buy subscriptions to channels and do a number of other things.
Common Problems In Roku
The best thing about Roku streaming devices is that everything is perfectly streamlined, from setup to activation and buying subscriptions of channels. However, an electronic device can malfunction anytime, and Roku being an electronic device, although a highly sophisticated one is prone to issues. Check below for the most common issues befalling Roku streaming player:
- Roku not working because of incomplete setup and installation.
- Unable to connect Roku to the wireless network.
- Can’t connect Roku streaming device to the internet either via Ethernet cable or through Wi-Fi.
- Roku remote not working.
- HDCP unauthorized content disabled Roku error because HDMI cable is loose or broken.
- No signal on Roku Ultra.
- Unable to sync Roku Premiere or Roku Premiere+ with Roku remote.
- Roku Express not working on Samsung smart TV.
- Unable to reset Roku stick.
- Roku Stick not working
- Seeing Roku error code 003, as Roku streaming device can’t update its software.
- Can’t do ESPN Roku activation.
- Unable to access Netflix on Roku.
- Roku activation code expired.
- Roku activation issue.
- The screen froze on the activation page.
- Unable to activate the Roku channel and seeing Roku error code 001.
- Can’t connect Roku to the internet, hence receiving Roku error code 014.
- A network connection isn’t active, hence receiving Roku error code 009.
- Roku software update failure (Roku error code 011).
- Can’t stream anything through Roku due to poor connection (Roku error code 012).
Problems in Roku are not confined to these, but there are many more problems faced by Roku users. Don’t let these problems halt your TV watching experience. Get in touch with Roku support providers to resolve the issue(s), which you have been facing. Roku support remains at your disposal 24/7, so contact us for any problem related to Roku and we promise to fix it in the quickest of times.