Roku stick is extremely efficient and it does not ask you to indulge in any complicated method to perform the update. This device will keep on updating software and let you know the same by sending a flash message on your screen in the form of notification. You can tap on ‘Download’ and the updating will begin. Since the updated software needs an installation, it will begin only after the downloading gets completed.
In case the update doesn’t begin automatically, then go through the following steps:
Fix Roku Stick Software update issue:
The basic step is that the device has to be connected to the Internet. If it isn’t then the Roku streaming device will show the following error codes.
001, 002, 004 and 005.
Well, let’s see how it can be resolved along with the reason behind the errors
Certain times, Roku servers are down for a short period of time due to technical issues. There is no need to panic in such a situation as it will resolve on its own. However, you need to wait for a short while and try to stream media again. Similarly, there can be an issue with the device you are streaming media on such as your TV screen. If there is a problem with the screen then, Roku Activation Code will not work.
In case, you are experiencing an outage problem in the region then, a notification will appear on the screen. To get rid of this issue performs steps mentioned below:
- Is the Roku stick connected to the correct network name? Well, before you confirm the connection you need to make sure that the SSID selected by you is correct, to do so you need to check the network name from another connected device.
- Look up that the router is reflecting proper signals if it’s not reflecting proper signals then, you need to visit the Webpage associated with your router.
- Now, if your router is reflecting proper signal and you are sure about the password and the network name, then there is left only one possibility that the Roku device and router are not in range of each other, or something is blocking the network.
- In such a situation, you need to turn off Roku and then restart it again.
How to restart Roku stick?
- Go to ‘Settings’ then, ‘System’ followed by ‘Restart’. This is one way of doing it but the most recommended way is to switch off the power button and wait for 5 minutes before connecting it again.
- You can restart the router and other networking devices by simply disconnecting the power supply from the source or press the power button from the device itself.
- Now, wait until the Roku device recognizes Router connectivity. As soon as it connects, you will be able to stream media.
- The setup is already done so no need to do it again.
Note: You can connect the Roku device with the router in two ways. Firstly, using a wireless network and secondly using Ethernet cable. We recommend the second one. The use of Ethernet cable offers better bandwidth rather than the wireless network one.