Some Roku models are powered through external power adapter while some doesn’t require any power adapter. They draw power through the USB port of the TV, so you can connect them directly to the TV USB port. Today, we are talking of Roku Express model which can be operated through normal power even.
If you find the Roku Express is not turning on, then it means there is either some problem with the USB port of a TV or the player is not getting enough power through it. You can try connecting it to the power adapter and check if it is turned on or not. If it still doesn’t get on, then try the below-mentioned steps.
- Try original adapter: When you apply the external power supply to the player, make sure that you are using the right and standard quality product for providing the power supply. If you are using the spurious quality of power adapter, then it may supply enough power to your player as a result, it will not turn on. Second-quality product may also damage the internal components of your player that can ruin your whole streaming experience.
- Make connections properly: The right way to connect the adapter to the Roku player is; first plug the adapter into the power supply and fix one end to the player and another end of the wire to the adapter. Now, turn the adapter on by switching on a power
- Try different power source: If the power socket in which you have connected your Roku adapter is faulty, no power supply will be drawn from it and the Roku player will remain off. In such cases, you can either get the socket repaired from an electrician or connect the player to another power source.
- Check light: If you find the light is not turning on even after making proper connections, then check the on-screen instructions for possible troubleshooting or fix.
- Connect the USB port: If after connecting the Roku player to the power adapter, the problem still annoys you, then you can try connecting the player to the USB port for power input.
After applying the above-mentioned steps, if the problem is still at large, then nothing to worry, you can follow the further steps which are given below:
Steps to fix the problem if Roku is connected to the USB port of TV for power input
- As discussed earlier that always use the right and quality cable that comes along with the packing.
- Connect the USB cable to the player USB port and to the TV port.
- If you are getting the problem with one port, then connect the same player to a different USB port available on the TV.
- Another way to fix the problem is to connect the Http Roku Com Link to alternate TV If available at home.