The Roku device is one of the best streaming players that can play 4K Ultra HD content at an affordable price. You can watch Netflix, YouTube, or other streaming content online by simply connecting this device to your TV. Although using this device is quite easy to use, there are cases where the Roku controller is not working as intended. This is what we will address today.
Fixing ‘Roku remote not working’ issue
The Roku remote control will only work if your batteries are fully charged. If the battery no longer has power, you will not be able to use this controller. Try replacing the battery (can be AA or AAA), and then make sure the controller will now work.
Restart Roku device and remote control
Sometimes software problems can cause the remote control and the player to freeze. To check if this is happening now, you will need to open the compartment on the back of the remote control and remove the batteries. You must also unplug the power cord from the Roku Com Link device, wait five seconds, and plug it in again.
Re-pair the remote control
Sometimes the remote does not work because it has not been paired with the player. If this is the case, you will need to pair again by following the steps listed below.
- Remove batteries from remote control
- Unplug Roku’s power cord and wait five seconds
- Plug the plug cable back into the device and wait for the home screen to appear.
- Put the batteries back in the remote control.
- Press and hold the pairing button, which you can find on the battery compartment. Press this button for three seconds or until you see the pairing light blinking on the Roku remote.
- Wait 30 seconds for the remote control to establish a connection with your Roku device.
- The pairing dialog box will appear on your TV screen.
- Try downloading the remote app to your phone
If the Roku remote still doesn’t work, try getting the app from the App Store or Google Play Store. This will allow you to use your phone as a remote control.
If your luck is playing hide and seek with you, i.e., you can’t access the Roku device using your smartphone as a remote, then you have got no other option, but to get in touch with Roku support. It doesn’t matter, which Roku model you are using, you will be able to get the best assistance regarding this annoying problem. So, don’t invest in a new remote until an expert confirms the problem with your existing remote.