In your Roku account, you will find the information related to the Roku streaming device you own and channels you have installed in it. Apart from this, it also stores the ‘Preferences and settings’ of your Roku account. You can link your credit card details and payment method with the Roku account with the help of which you can purchase new subscriptions or popular channels. To protect your personal information, it is necessary to take some precautions and steps to protect the Roku account. There are different ways to protect your Roku account.
We are now going to discuss the precautions which you should take after creating a Roku account.
- Use of valid email address: For receiving an important notification and managing an account, a valid email address is mandatory which you check on a routine basis. If you have ever changed the email address, then don’t forget to change the same on Http Roku Com Link. Do mention the new email address in Roku account.
- Set a strong and secure password: While creating an account, we suggest you set the strong and secure password that can’t be easily guessed by someone. The password should be unique and must not match with that of any other account. It will prevent an unauthorized person from peeping into your account.
- Set a PIN: If you believe that any unauthorized person can access your Roku account and purchase items from the store, then there is an option to set a PIN on Roku device. It is 4 digit number comprises of number and characters. Once the PIN gets generated, you can stop an unauthorized person from accessing the Roku store.
- Avoid phishing websites: There are a number of phishing websites which will make you feel as if you are opening the official site of Roku. Be aware and keep yourself away from such phishing websites. You can create your Roku account on your own without any problem and get it activated online. There is no need to pay an additional charge for creating an account. If you want any help, you can contact experts.
If you want to activate the Roku device on your Roku account, then there are on-screen instructions available on the page from where you can get assistance and get it done on your own.
- Check purchase history on a periodic basis: Do check the purchase history from Roku account after a fixed interval of time. This will let you know whether you have purchased the recent subscriptions or someone else has purchased. If you notice any third party purchase, then contact Roku immediately. You can send your query to the Roku through email or phone call.