Roku OS developers always keen to provide the best to its users so that they can get the best out of their players. If you are using the Roku stick, then you might have noticed that as soon as any new update for the OS releases, you get the notification for the same on the screen. From there you can download and install it on your device. If it doesn’t download automatically, then go through the content of this page.
How to fix software update issues on Roku player?
To update the Roku player, you must need to have a stable internet connection on the device. If the Roku Com Link Account is not connected to the network, you will get the error codes like 001, 004, 005 and 002.
How to fix and what can be the reason?
If the Roku servers are down due to some reason, then the updates will not install. You have to be patient for a while till the servers start working again. If there is any outage problem reported on your internet service or the network is not working, then try the below-mentioned tricks.
- Check if the player is connecting to the right network or not. If SSID selected is wrong, then correct the SSID by confirming it from another device that is already connected.
- Check if the router is properly working or not. You can check the internet access by opening the website on the computer or laptop browser.
- If the internet is OK and the login details are also correct but you are still not able to use the Roku stick, then check the distance between the router and the Roku. If the distance is more than normal, then the signal strength may decrease.
- Restarting Roku sometimes solve the updating problem.
- For the restart, go to ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Restart’.
- You must restart the Roku as well. For restarting related instructions, visit the ‘Router’ website and search for the ‘Restart button’ from the hardware of your Router. Long press it and release it after some time.
- Wait for some minutes and turn on the device again.
- If there is already a proper connection between the Roku and Router, then no need to join it again. The devices most of the time get connected automatically.
Note: There are two ways to connect the Roku to the internet. One is via a wired network and another one is through a wireless medium. In a wired network, we use the Ethernet cable. This is a best-preferred network because the efficiency and the reliability of the network are more in a wired network. Connect the Ethernet wire to the designated port on Roku and another side of the cable to the modem.