The process of removing or moving the channel from one location to another in the Roku media stick is easier than any other media streaming gadget. The channel can be removed either via the device itself or via an app installed on the smartphone. We will share the steps for both methods. If the channel you are going to delete is paid, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open ‘My Roku’ from the smartphone and log in to the Roku account.
- Click on ‘Manage subscriptions’.
- If you are going to delete the subscription before its current cycle, then you can enjoy the content of that channel even after removing it.
How to delete a channel from the Roku channel lineup?
- Open the ‘Home button’ from the Roku remote and go to ‘Channel’.
- Press ‘X’ to remove the channel.
- If prompted for the action, click ‘Yes’ to confirm.
How to remove the channel from the channel store?
- Open the home screen of your Roku player by pressing the ‘Home’ button from the remote.
- Go to the ‘Streaming channels’ list and check the channel name you have added recently.
- Search for the channel you want to remove.
- Click on ‘Delete’ from the drop-down menu opened related to the channel.
Remove channel with the use of smartphone app
If there is a Roku app installed on your smartphone, then you can remove the channel from there as well. The steps for this:
- Go to ‘Channels’ and hold the channel you want to delete.
- Click on the ‘Remove’ option from the options given. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm your move.
- If the channel you are searching is not given in the list, then refresh the list by clicking on the ‘Refresh’ option. After that, all the channels which are currently installed on the Roku will appear on the screen.
Steps to move the channel in the Roku store
When you purchase a subscription for any new channel, it will keep on adding on the home screen of your URL Roku com link player. You have the option to move it to any place on your home screen as per your convenience. The steps for moving the channel in the Roku media player are:
- Open ‘Channel list’ through Roku remote.
- With the help of directional keys, search for the channel you want to move.
- Press ‘Ok’ to confirm the move. You can drag-drop the channel from the home screen as well.
- If no drag-drop option is available, you can press the ‘Asterisk’ key from the remote and move the channel from one place to another.