Roku app is just like a user-interface for the Roku streaming players connected to the TV. You can download the Roku app on your android or iOS smartphone and start controlling the device through it. The very first thing to do after installing the app on the device is; linking the Roku stick or the device to the app.
In case the Roku app doesn’t detect the Roku Activation media player or stick automatically, then you will find a problem in streaming the content from it. Read the below-mentioned suggestions to fix this problem.
The first thing to check is the internet access whether the internet is enabled on the Roku stick or not. To check the network status, go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the ‘Home button’ from Roku remote.
- Click on System from the ‘Settings’ menu. Under this, you will find the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Go to ‘External control’ followed by ‘Network access’.
- Select ‘Default or permissive’ to use the mobile app.
What else can be the reason for the Roku app not detecting the Roku streaming stick?
If the network strength is proper but you are still getting the same problem, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
- The internet connection to which your mobile is connected is different from that of your Roku stick.
- Roku is accessing the public IP address instead of private IP.
- The IP address of your device is given under ‘Settings’. Go to ‘Network’ and ‘About’. If the Roku device doesn’t get the range, then it means the public IP is in use. This happens if the router is not available or there is some issue with the router configurations. You can contact your internet service provider in this regard.
- VPN enabled on the mobile. If you have enabled any VPN network on the mobile, then disable it once and check if the Roku app is now detecting the Roku stick or not. Sometimes, the VPN keeps on blocking the external device from connecting to the app.
- AP isolation enabled on the network: If the Access point for your network is enabled, then it won’t allow you to communicate with the wireless network. Disable AP of your router by visiting the router login page from the web browser.
If you are still getting the same problem on your Roku streaming stick, then reboot your Roku and other networking devices. Connect the Roku to the SSID manually by entering the password again. The process to restart the Roku is quite simple. Unplug the Roku from the power supply and wait for 2 minutes. Connect the Roku again to the power adapter via USB cable. Do restart your Roku app from the mobile as well. You can force close the app from the home screen of your smartphone.